Friday 12 September 2014

Funny People - Mary Coustas

Mary Coustas

Better know to the public as Effie, Mary Coustas is a veteran of Australian television and theatre. Coustas made her name as part of the cast of the stage show Wogs Out of Work. She went on to become a star of the sitcom Acropolis Now and won the 1993 Logie for Most Popular Comedy Performer. Coustas appeared in a number of dramatic and comedy series, films and provided voice-over work during the 1990s and 2000s, including hosting her own television shows Effie, Just Quietly and Greeks On The Roof. Coustas has also performed a number of one-woman live shows including Effie X-Posed, Waiting For Effie and A Date With Effie...Looking For Love.

Memorable quotes / jokes

Effie

"How embarrassment"
"Oh classic!" 
"Suck-features" 
"Wog-breath"

Good Morning Australia -

(On her exchange with Demis Roussos)

We were just standing there to do a photo shoot with him and it was like...silent, no one was saying anything. And then I just thought well I better make some conversation, so I said, "Um Demis you know, maybe Alex (Dimitriades) and I will bump into you in Athens some time," and he said, "I don't live in Athens." And I said, "Oh, well where do you live?" and he said "I live in Paris!" Then I got a little upset with him and said, "Well maybe we'll find you in Paris then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment